Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Heritage Building Society & Rewards Points

I've been banking with Heritage Building Society for a bit over 20 years now. Things have been pretty busy over the last 6 months what with work and the problems with mum having cancer and losing the battle. Let's see if they come to the party...


Hello!

I have a couple of passes that I have redeemed through Heritage Rewards for Dreamworld which have expired by 1 day.

I have contacted Heritage Rewards and was told (paraphrasing) "tough!".
Dreamworld have told me that they will not honour the passes because they say that they will not get paid if they try to present them to Heritage with an expired date.

I realise that I should have used them sooner but there are circumstances as to why this is. Feel free to call me to discuss these in the attempt to try and come to an amicable resolution.

I would like to add that I didn't abuse any HBS staff (even after trolling through the endless set of menus on the "help" line) and was polite but was still not given much help.

I will not get abusive now as it will not achieve anything but might I ask that the passes be extended by 1 month so that I may use them as they were converted from points I have earned and redeemed. Dreamworld have told me that Heritage gets billed afterwards for the passes so it's not like HBS is going to be out of pocket on this.

I am happy to make up the shortfall on points should there be a difference between when I redeemed them for the passes and now should there be a difference.

Thanks for your time. I eagerly await your reply.

ps: letter posted on my blog: www.spanishredneck.blogspot.com.au

No comments: