Monday, October 03, 2005

Productive

I can't help it - I have to skite!

After this time of year that I hate so much (August/September) as it is so busy with something on almost every weekend (I know - I know - the answer is simple: "don't go to all those things!"). I just don't know what it is about that time of year that spurs everyone into action that they want to do things during these 2 months.

Anyway, I had almost a full 3/4 of a weekend to myself where I wasn't running around picking up stuff from one person or dropping stuff off to another. Not having to go to the local mega-hardware store to get building items while weaving between the blokes pushing prams with screaming kids (since when did a hardware joint become a shopping centre and thus a location for mindless wandering???)

After getting home on Saturday and avoiding going out again, I managed to relocate a 6' steel cabinet down the back and restock it with over a quarter-tonne of kitty litter (ask if you must :) and various bits destined to go on the hotrod, as well as reloading a huge kitchen bench with doors and wood onto the trailer to go to the investment property for when I rebuild the kitchen there.
Some heavy wood benches got set up in the garage and I managed to start the teardown of the engine out of the Mustang (which is in very good condition for a motor with 140,000 miles on the clock). The inside part of the split-system aircon has been hung on the wall; a few more movie posters were blockmounted, framed and hung; and another coat of paint inside the linen closet before I put the shelving back in.
All the while, cat-dog is following me around to supervise the work (I call her cat-dog because, being a persian-X, she is possessive and needs to keep an eye on me. It's good to feel wanted :)

Man it feels so great to get some of those jobs done.

It's a good start but there's still 515 more things on the task list to do. That's the main problem with having a PDA - you think of 3 jobs to replace the one just done and you can't conveniently forget about them.

I'm not looking forward to digging out half the yard to lay the concrete slab to go under the decks (yet to be built) but I think I will cheat and hire an auger to dig the post holes for me.

Now... back to me whinging about society again.... :)

No comments: