Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Brackistan

Top sort Nilknarf (dig the new photo, how does one spell a wolf whistle? :) tells me that the new laws being introduced into Victoria are causing many locals to refer to the place as 'Brackistan'. It seems now that you can get locked up for any sort of speech that may insult anyone or anything. Well, cop this: You bunch of wannabe-Taliban, inbred halfwits in Parliament down there - go your hardest! I'm not going to hold my opinion because it hurts your pathetic little feelings.

The reason for this entry is I've noticed a report on News.com.au titled Share a Bus Ticket - Get Fined $524. Apparently there are a range of "harsh" new laws that will see a commuter fined if they give away a ticket to another individual for them to use once the original owner has no more use for it.

"Brackistan" indeed.

So now you are no longer entitled to give away something you purchased regardless of whether Citytrans claims ownership of the ticket or not? You want to stop me in a public area to check my credentials after I have travelled?

"YOU ZERE!!! HALT!!! VERE ARE ZE TRAVEL PAPERS??? YOU MUST SHOW ZE TRAVEL PAPERS!!!"

(Sorry to all those of German descent in making this sound like a German accent. Unfortunately, I just can't think right now of how a Russian border guard would sound…. More appropriate. I like Germany too much to pick on the country or it's people - history is history and it doesn't need to be dredged up every time someone has a gripe with you).

Well, guess what people? I will make a point of finding an inspector and handing off my ticket to someone right under their noses once I am off Citytrans property. I will NOT be producing identification and I WILL be defending myself if they try to apprehend me for doing the right thing (that is: buying a valid ticket to travel). What I do with it afterwards is my business. If they don't like it, they can call The Salvation Army as I'm sure that they will give a shit. (Incidently, how about logging onto their site and donating something to a mob who really do care about the underpriviledged? Just a thought….)

While on the subject of fares, how about someone in Citytrans produce something like a checklist to help people work out how to buy a ticket on the trams? I have not payed for a tram trip for years because I couldn't work out those stupid machines, so I just rode for free. How about you clowns do something to assist tourists in finding their way around rather than the Stalinist attitudes that you show now?

No comments: