Thursday, November 10, 2005

Volunteer Hangman

Again, I'm a bit behind the times as I tend to only catch the news here and there and I'm being relatively productive at work by not looking at news sites when I should be working :)

Here is a piece that came out on the 3rd of November about a pensioner in the Northern Territory who wants to apply for the job as Official Hangman in Singapore to replace the 73yo bloke who wants to retire but the government over there can't find anyone to replace him.

Aussie pensioner volunteers to kill Nguyen

A NORTHERN Territory pensioner has applied for the job as Singapore's official hangman.

And Keith Sauerwald, 65, says he would have no qualms about executing convicted Australian drug trafficker Van Tuong Nguyen, who is waiting his fate in Singapore's Changi Prison.

"I hate drugs and I hate drug dealers," said Mr Sauerwald, who lives at Parap in Darwin.

"Nguyen has no right to live.

Amen to that!

If Singapore thinks that the bloke who wants to do the job is too old at 65 and if they're happy to pay me a decent wage (like what I'm getting now or a bit better) then I will definitely step up to the plate. Does it help that I know how to tie a noose and know how to locate it? :)

If it means that I can do my little bit to remove another drug trafficker or dealer from the face of this planet, then I am more than happy to do so! These people are the lowest form of life and they deserve to die in a little bit more pain rather than twitching at the end of a rope that just snapped their neck. My problem would be that I would get creative about it and think of ways of saving them up so that it can be done as a group session.

Of course, people would tend to not like my idea of leaving the carcass out on display (ie: near an airport) so that it will serve as a vivid warning of what will happen to human trash who have no qualms in trafficking death and bringing despair and grief to so many lives so that they can have lots of money!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Wow.

It's amazing how black and white some people see the world. For instance, believing that murdering someone for a crime is not a crime itself. Strange notion that.

What's worse is the people who write about condemning another individual without knowing anything about the issue at hand. And especially those who do so without compassion.

Van was a one-time attempted drug trafficker with no previous criminal record. He did so to try and raise money to clear his twin brother's debt. He certainly deserves to spend a long time in jail, but to end his life? That's cold. Especially when nobody was actually hurt. Alas, it doesn't matter what else I would say on this issue ... my writing would fall onto blind readers. Much like the blind justice of Changi Prison.

What's really ironic about all this is that Van has knowledge that could put away the REAL criminals behind the trafficking operations. Van had to get the drugs from somebody ... he is a minion caught in a deadly game. Strategically, it is a mistake to execute him; it is morally unsound. It shows a lack of compassion, and a black-and-white view of the world that simply does not mesh with reality.

Hard drugs, like any disease, should be treated by the cause, not the symptom.
--
In Changi jail upon death row
Breathe live corpses, unjust woe.
No darker space condemned to die,
Where Time, still barely etching by,
Weeps words amid the bleak sorrow.

Compassion's Dead, gone long ago.
They tried, went wrong; felt hatred grow,
Loved and are loved, they should not die,
In Changi jail.

A wake for them, who cannot show,
To you their failing hearts let go.
And on their eve when death is nigh,
Nary lose faith with those who die.
For know, down deep, injustice flows
In Changi jail.

Jai Normosone said...

Your opinion sounds fair enough and I won't criticise you for feeling that way.

True - I am very black and white on this issue and I don't buy into the "sanctity of human life" deal that some people believe in.

If this person were to roll over and do some good work in helping to rid the planet of those further up the network then I have no problem with him walking free.

There are people in the world who deserve compassion for their circumstances - this individual isn't one of them.

Murder? Yeah - maybe - I don't give a shit. We all make choices about what we do and how we live our lives. If stating this means that someone chooses to murder me then tough titties for me - at least my conscience will be clear and I won't have willingly gone and peddled drugs.

Death is a natural part of life and many people die in many ways around the world because of someone else choosing to drive badly or traffic drugs or withhold food aid in order to sell and get wealthy.

There are good people in the world and there are bad people that don't deserve the oxygen they use. Too many people are bleeding hearts for the shitbags who take the rights of others while ignoring the victims. Once they choose to peddle drugs then their rights are forfeit and I have absolutely NO problem in being the one to flick the switch.

Someone has to have the guts to make the world a better place, and it'll never happen while people like this are allowed to live.