Monday, January 09, 2006

I O U $10,000,000

As per usual, I am a few days behind the news.

"News"?

Sorry, I should correct myself when I use the term "news" because Shane Warne is NOT news - he's a cricket player who stayed the immature halfwit he was when he was 14 and just continued the party mood with the drinking and smoking into his adult life.

In fact, the best 'news' I've heard about him in recent weeks was the claim that his wife is going to sting him $10 million in the divorce. Apparently this claim has been refuted but who knows for sure?

As stated in the above article link, he has now made a "promise" that he will give up his international cricket career (and maybe get a real job?) if his children can't cope with his pending divorce.
Will this "promise" be as genuine as the one he made to his wife about "honour" and where he vows to "cherish" her? I could be wrong though as he may have written his own wedding VOWS to Simone, his soon-to-be ex-wife.

"I swear to love, honour and cherish you until I get drunk again and decide that a piece of tail that hasn't squeezed out a couple of kids is good enough to get me by until I get home again."


To be honest (I always am) and even though I am talking from the vantage point of a bloke (which means that I should root for the bloke getting divorced so that the ex-wife gets as little as possible): I just hope that she cleans this wanker out because he deserves it!
He is nothing more than a two-faced liar who is putting on an act and is saying honourable things to the media so that he won't look so bad to the public and that his (misguided) fans will forget about his selective memory when it comes to promises.

Warne said the downside to an international cricket career was the amount of time he was forced to spend apart from his family.

"With everything you do, unfortunately there are some sacrifices you have to make," he said.


Apparantly those 'sacrifices' don't include 'fidelity'.

IF he was a REAL man with honest values and took seriously the giving of his word and taking vows then his children would not be in the situation of having to cope with the divorce of their parents.

"I think I'm a very good father."


Oh yes, you're an upstanding role-model for your son. I wonder what he will do to the woman he swears an oath to if he has to go away for work (or play)?

You made your bed, Shane, you dickhead - now lie in it!

No comments: