Sunday, August 06, 2006

City girls go country in search of Mr Right

Hmmm... seems to me that Sydney women are possibly suffering from what I call 'Sydney Disease' - that is, that the state of New South Wales ends at the limits of greater Sydney (you know - the 'gong in the south; Liverpool to the west; Gosford to the north).

Here is a story about City Girls getting sick of the heterosexual-bloke-pretending-to-be-caring-so-that-they-can-get-into-your-pants thing - better known as 'metrosexual'.

About friggin' time.

Of course, the woman in the article seems to think that the only course her life must take is 'settling down' and 'having kids'. If nothing else, she is a product of the standard of education in this country. There is far more to life than just squirting out kids, lady!

Then again, looking at this bird, a bloke could do far worse and may actually take that option. I must admit that I held a baby during the week (2nd one since niece was born something like 24 years ago (I forget how old she is...)). No crying - no spewing - big smiles - I guess they are the moments that sell parenthood to idiots like me who will try just about anything to land a good woman.

The unfortunate thing is that I live in the city as well and even though I live alone in my own home and have a car and can manage my money, the City Girls often aren't worth finding as they are just as selfish and immature as the blokes.
Maybe I can find a job in a country town where the people are genuine and I can leave the stupidity of the city to the people who deserve it.

I wish the girl (Katey Barrett) the best of luck though - she'll need it.

No comments: